Edit exchange rate regression

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 26 22:20:09 EDT 2008

hi,

Quoting Keith Bellairs <keith at bellairs.org>:

> In 2.2.4 I can no longer use the Edit Exchange Rate tool. GNC simply
> blows up and dies (seg fault in other words). It worked in 2.2.0 and
> 2.2.2.
>
> In the new version an attempt to use the tool in the simple ledger
> returns a prompt telling me:
> "You need to expand the transaction in order to modify its exchange rates."
> That's new.

No, this warning has been there forever.  You just never hit it.
It happens when you have a split transaction OR if you have a
transaction denoted in currency A, with splits into two accounts of
commodities B and C (where B and C are not == A).  This can happen
if you change the currency of an account or if you change the accounts
tied to an existing transaction.

> Anyway, I view the transaction as a split, edit the exchange rate by
> entering the debit amount or an exchange rate, click OK -> seg fault.
> I am using the 2.2.4 tar bz2 (build 16997M) in fc8. My box also had
> old builds of 2.2.2 and 2.2.3 (from svn) so I have uninstalled them.

Care to provide a stack trace?

> Is anyone else seeing this problem? If not, thoughts on what I can do
> to clean up my computer?

This is the first I've heard of it.