saved files

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun May 4 21:45:28 EDT 2008

Quoting gilloz <gilloz at yahoo.com>:

> Hello:
>
> When I get done with my GNUCash program, it saves mulitple .log and
> .xac files in my home folder.  I created a folder called GNU Files
> and I would like to know how to direct the program to send or save
> them in that folder instead of my home folder?  How would I go about
> that?

Use the File -> Save As functionality to re-save the data file in
the new directory.

Or you can just "mv" the data file over and then File -> Open to tell
GnuCash where the file is now located.

See
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_What_are_all_these_.xac_and_.log_files_filling_up_my_directory.3F

-derek

PS: This is a user question and should've been asked on gnucash-user,
not gnucash-devel.