saved files

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon May 5 09:49:51 EDT 2008

Hi,

Please remember to CC the list on all replies using your mailer's
Reply-To-List or Reply-All feature

gilloz <gilloz at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hello Derek:
>
> Since I just started using GNUCash, I don't know anything about what
> level to ask any questions. (reference your PS below in your
> response) I just asked a question in Contact Us.

That's fine...

>         If I use Save As,
> are you saying that the .log and .xac will go to where I tell it?

The .xac and .log files will go wherever your data file is stored.
Using File -> Save As will change where your data file is stored
(by storing a new copy in a new location)..  Then subsequent .xac
and .log files will go there.

> believe it does an automatic save every so many minutes. If it Saves
> it automatically per the default time in the program, there has to
> be something in the program file, like the Initialization file in
> Windows, that spells out where to save these files automatically.

Nope, it saves it in the same folder as your data file.

> tried going to the Help section on this before sending an email and
> could not find anything referenced to my question.  Also, where does
> one go to become a member?  Not even sure what membership you were
> talking about in your last email.

"become a member" of what?  Where did I talk about becoming a
member?  Are you talking about my email signature???

-derek