Printing on MacOSX

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Wed May 7 00:19:55 EDT 2008

I was pleased to discover that printing from Gnucash now works on
MacOSX.  I'm using SVN version r17143 with GTK 2.12.9 on MacOSX 10.4.11
and printing seems to work fairly well.  The duplex setting seems to be
ignored and everything is printed one-sided, but I seem to recall
seeing something about this, or a similar problem, on other systems.

While looking at this I noticed that there doesn't seem to be any way
to get to the Page Setup dialog in Gnucash.  I attached a patch to bug
report 531871 that adds a Page Setup command to the File menu in
reports and register pages.  It only works if Gnucash is built to use
GTKPrint.  It probably would be possible to do something for previous
versions, but I have no easy way to test it and it probably isn't
necessary.

Currently the page setup results are only saved during a given run of
Gnucash.  Ideally they should be saved with the report specifications
for each report.  This might be done in conjunction with moving some of
this information from external files into the main Gnucash data file,
as has been suggested.

Mike Alexander           mta at umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI            PGP key ID: BEA343A6