Printing on MacOSX

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed May 7 09:59:36 EDT 2008

Mike,

Mike Alexander <mta at umich.edu> writes:

> I was pleased to discover that printing from Gnucash now works on
> MacOSX.  I'm using SVN version r17143 with GTK 2.12.9 on MacOSX 10.4.11
> and printing seems to work fairly well.  The duplex setting seems to be
> ignored and everything is printed one-sided, but I seem to recall
> seeing something about this, or a similar problem, on other systems.

What packaging system are you using in order to get GTK 2.12.9?

I'm happy to hear that it's working!

> While looking at this I noticed that there doesn't seem to be any way
> to get to the Page Setup dialog in Gnucash.  I attached a patch to bug
> report 531871 that adds a Page Setup command to the File menu in
> reports and register pages.  It only works if Gnucash is built to use
> GTKPrint.  It probably would be possible to do something for previous
> versions, but I have no easy way to test it and it probably isn't
> necessary.

Agreed, I dont think GnomePrint is going to be necessary going forward..
Except for the fact that fink still uses a fairly old Gtk.

> Currently the page setup results are only saved during a given run of
> Gnucash.  Ideally they should be saved with the report specifications
> for each report.  This might be done in conjunction with moving some of
> this information from external files into the main Gnucash data file,
> as has been suggested.

Yeah, it'll be nice when the report configurations aren't stored
as scheme blocks anymore.