Bulgarian translation of Gnucash

Andreas Köhler andi5.py at gmx.net
Wed May 7 18:02:48 EDT 2008

Hallo Ivailo,

please try to CC the mailing list as well.  Maybe someone else had
answered more timely otherwise :-)

Am Mittwoch, den 30.04.2008, 09:52 +0300 schrieb ivailo jeliazkov:
> Hello Andreas,
>
> Thank you for your e-mail, it has been helpful but not as much as we
> wish. Following the instructions our team has finished compiling it
> for Windows and it works but not in Bulgarian. We set the two lines in
> the batch file 'language' and 'lang' to be 'bg' as we think it should
> be ok and the GnuCash starts. The problem is that nothingh seems to be
> translated, it is again in English. We tried it with Russan 'ru' and
> it is OK. Do you know what we do wrong, can you please tell us how to
> debug or trace the problem so we can fix it. Please let me know if you
> would like me to send you attached the .po file and the glossary.  I
> hope you will respond positively to our request, we just want to make
> GnuCash work in BG.

If setting LANG to ru works, then you are obviously on a good track! Try
to confirm the used location of ru.mo by renaming that file and
retrying. I could imagine that GnuCash picks up c:\Program Files\gnucash
instead of c:\soft\gnucash\inst by looking into the registry. You can
work-around that by uninstalling GnuCash, changing the registry entry or
other similar hacks.

When you switch to bg, are the standard GTK+ translations active, i.e.
strings in standard dialogs, OK, Cancel, File>Save, File>Print Check>?
If they are, your bg.mo should work as well, I think.

Ciao,
-- andi5

PS: You might be interested in translating the installer as well :-)
Take a look at packaging/win32/gnucash.iss.in for that.