rtl reports

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed May 21 13:07:59 EDT 2008

Hi,

"Ori Hoch" <ori at uumpa.com> writes:

> I am trying to create rtl (right-to-left) reports for the hebrew translation
> of gnucash.
>
> I created a new stylesheet (stylesheet-plain-rtl.scm) and I tried to change
> some html attributes, I can change the align attributes for table cells, but
> I can't add a dir="rtl" attribute, how can it be done?

Are you sure that GtkHTML even SUPPORTS rtl output?  I wouldn't
count on it, personally.

> Another strange thing - if I look in the source of any report with any
> stylesheet, there is a <p dir=rtl> surrounding the entire body, I couldn't
> see where this comes from, I guess it's added if the locale is hebrew - but
> where does it come from? I did a search for 'RTL' on the entire gnucash
> source and it's not there, so it must come from somewhere else.

There's a myriad of places it could come from.  Unfortunately I don't
know.  The existing report infrastructure is pretty archaic, and none
of the original developers of the system are still around to answer
questions about it.

> One more thing.. I can see how a specific report is defined, but where is
> the entry point for actually rendering it. Where is the scheme file that
> calls the 'renderer which was defined in (gnc:define-repot ... )?

Honestly, I think it's called from C.  But see above.