GDA: Status

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Mon May 26 19:32:23 EDT 2008

I'll leave the specific detail of "CREATE IF NOT EXIST" aside.

I think gda is a general solution that will allow us to meet the
requirement of supporting sqlite, mysql and postgresql.  Gnucash is
currently at 2.2.5 moving towards 2.4.  If I could work full time on it,
the gda backend might be fully integrated into gc in 3 months.  Given I
only have evenings and weekends (if that), make it 6-9 months.

Re dropping GDA: rather than drop it, I think it would be better to pull
it into the tree.  That would at least give us the assurance that
everyone who wants to use the gda backend has a consistent set of fixes
and functionality.

Phil