GDA: Status

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue May 27 14:38:06 EDT 2008

[[Sorry, this was meant to go on the list as well]]

On Tuesday 27 May 2008, you wrote:
> Gnucash has some bizaare flaws though: gnucash will actively stop you
> trying to give your customer a refund by refusing to post an invoice
> with a negative total. In the mean time we hack the XML by hand (!!!!!),
> but once invoice addition is automated, this problem will go away.

Heh, I have been bitten by that one too ! I have chosen to keep credit notes
(negative invoices) outside of the business tools for that reason. This
works, but my credit notes have to do without the added consistency checks
done by the business tools.

> But put it this way, Derek can throw as many tantrums as he likes, we
> plan to use gnucash to move from a small business to a big business (for
> now). :)

I'd be very interested to hear of your success !

Geert