GDA: Status

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Fri May 30 15:41:19 EDT 2008

Getting back to the gda stuff, the key question seems to be: Can support for
mysql and postgresql wait?

If so, then V4 seems like a good choice to me, since Phil has said (I think)
that it works well enough with sqlite for our purposes. Support for the
other databases can be added as V4 evolves.

I got the impression from the various updates over past weeks that V3 wasn't
satisfactory for even ONE of sqlite, mysql, or postgresql -- unless we fork
it off and customize it.

My $0.02, but since I'm not contributing to this part of GnuCash, feel free
to ignore it.

Cheers,
Charles