Can't post invoice

jamie campbell jamie at parit.ca
Tue Nov 25 17:57:10 EST 2008

Bruce Perens wrote:
> For your wish-list: I'd like to be able to enter expenses in multiple
> currencies. I travel as a speaker on the topic of Open Source. The
> typical trip will have expenses in USD, EUR, and a third currency.

I've completed this feature and submitted the required patches to the
list.. All but the last patch are applied to trunk (and the second last
patch is being re-applied with a bit of a tweak).  I don't know if there
are plans for it to be in 2.2 though, so you may have to wait until next
year for the 2.4 release.

The specific changes you'll see in whichever release uses it :
    - ability to fetch the latest exchange rate from within the transfer
dialog, rather than having to go to the web and look it up manually
    - validation on the a/p or a/r account used (2.2 lets you post to
the wrong-currency account), for both post and payment
    - ability for line items in different currencies.  On post, you'll
be given a transfer dialog for each differing currency so you can
specify the exchange rate

-Jamie