Italian translation

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sun Oct 12 16:18:57 EDT 2008

Am Freitag, 10. Oktober 2008 20:17 schrieb Cristian Marchi:
> So I'm at a point that I would like to see the manual available for all
> the Italian user of GnuCash!! It is translated (guide+help) at, I would
> say, 98%. Some images are missing but I will provide them in the next
> future.

Thanks a lot! I've committed both to gnucash-docs SVN by now.

I think in both directories you should rename the gnucash-help-C.omf file into
gnucash-help-it_IT.omf, and change those filenames in the Makefile.am as
well. However, I don't exactly understand what this file was for :-)

Your files are now all in SVN. Feel free to submit any corrections you still
find.

> I also post a patch for the italian translation that correct the
> it.po file, the it glossary end one of the default account hierarchy.

Thank you again. I've committed this to the 2.2 branch.

> I also came in contact with a guy that would like to contribute on
> translating, in Italian, the website. How could we do that??

* Get a checkout of http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/htdocs/trunk
* Run the command "make pot"
* Copy the newly created file po/gnucash-htdocs.pot to po/it.po and translate
the po file as usual
* Send the it.po here; we'll commit this to SVN and add the appropriate
Makefile rules upon the first SVN commit.

Thank you very much!

Christian