text not translated on the UI, while it is translated in the PO

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Thu Oct 16 21:00:50 EDT 2008

sorry for having a new translator's question. This is my first trial to
correct translation on gnome software.

I found the word "Total Credits", "Total Debits" and "Net Change" was
not translated to Chinese when locale was zh_CN.UTF-8 (I compiled from
2.2.7 source myself). See the screenshot attached. First I thought
someone overlooked the phrases, because all other parts are translated
fine. Then I use gtranslator to work on zh_CN.po and found it is
translated in the po, like in the screenshot. Then I don't know how to
make it also Chinese on the UI.

I wonder is there something wrong in the source code that makes these 3
particular phrases not translated? Because they are the only cases so
far with missing translation on zh_CN.