SQL backend

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Tue Oct 28 11:03:18 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 15:32 +0100, Rolf Leggewie wrote:

> Derek Atkins wrote:
> >> lib/libgnc-backend-sql.so will always be built.
> >
> > Actually, it should only be built if you --enable-sql
>
> I rebuilt r17663 with --enable-sql and the situation is completely
> unchanged.  What do I do now?  I really want SQL support.

I'm using kubuntu 8.04.  I have libdbi0, libdbi0-dev, libdbd-mysql and
libdbd-sqlite3 (among other) packages installed.  I checkout trunk, then
type:

./autogen.sh
./configure --prefix=/opt/gnucash2-dbi --enable-debug --enable-dbi
--enable-compiler-warnings=yes
make all install

I can then run /opt/gnucash2-dbi/bin/gnucash and use xml, sqlite3 and
mysql.  /usr/lib/dbd contains libdbdmysql.so and libdbdsqlite3.so which
are the dbi backends I need for mysql and sqlite3 (I didn't bother with
postgresql right now).

Perhaps you need to be a bit more explicit with what you use.

BTW, when I run configure, at the end, as optional components, it lists
dbi.  Does it do that when you run it?

Phil