SQL backend

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Wed Oct 29 08:39:16 EDT 2008

Rolf Leggewie wrote:
> Phil Longstaff wrote:
>> I'm using kubuntu 8.04.  I have libdbi0, libdbi0-dev, libdbd-mysql and
>> libdbd-sqlite3 (among other) packages installed.
>
> I'm on Ubuntu as well.  I was missing all of the above packages except
> libdbi0.  I have installed them now and will retry a compile.

This is great.  It is indeed working quite nicely now after I installed
those packages and recompiled.  Thank you so much for this.  It will
make my life a LOT easier, preparing reports and stuff (which I will do
from Openoffice Base now).

Can the configure step somehow be finetuned to detect the missing libs
and abort if --enable-dbi was given?  I also think the menu entry "File
- Database Connection" is present whether or not that flag is given.
Shouldn't it be only available when the switch was turned on?

Are you sure that Umlauts and other non-ASCII characters are correctly
saved in MySQL?

Regards

Rolf