r17487 - gnucash/branches/2.2/po - Revert r16485 in POTFILES.in - was unintended for svn.

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Sep 2 03:17:02 EDT 2008

Hi Andi,

Am Montag, 1. September 2008 22:58 schrieb Andreas Köhler:
> On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 16:47 -0400, Christian Stimming wrote:
> > Trac: http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/17487
> >
> > Modified:
> >    gnucash/branches/2.2/po/POTFILES.in
> > Log:
> > Revert r16485 in POTFILES.in - was unintended for svn.
>
> this highlighted a big problem I have with this file again.  That file
> is neither manually nor automatically created, it is a mix of both.
> That way running make pollutes your checkout and if you run "make dist"
> and "make dist-bzip2" afterwards, the second tarball will have an M in
> the version string put into gnc-svninfo.h...
>
> Do you have any idea how to fix that?

I think the current problems with modified POTFILES.in can be fixed by adding
the appropriate ignore pattern(s) and/or files to the existing places. See
r17488.

The file must be created automatically because otherwise we forget about it,
but it must be in SVN as well, because... because... I forgot :-P

I think there might some issue where the intltool stuff requires this file to
exist before the initial ./configure has finished and the Makefile rule for
this file can be run. Or something like that. Whatever.

IMHO the current hickup was caused simply because we forgot to add the
appropriate ignore pattern in there. This should be fixed with r17488; can
you review :-) ?

Christian