gnu cash problems

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 16:40:34 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 8:40 AM, harold <harold.stephenson at ntlworld.com>wrote:

> Good evening,
>
> I have downloaded the latest gnu cash and installed it on my windows xp
> operating system.
>
> when i import my quicken qif files they either dont load or load and
> when attempting to close the program it doesnt save.

Funny, I noticed the same thing last night. If you do a QIF import, then
close GnuCash, it doesn't ask you if you want to save. That's a bug, and
maybe one that affects more than just QIF import. And it's a new bug too, as
this wasn't a problem in the past. However, you can work around the problem
by saving manually. After the import, do File->Save As. Does that work for
you?

To other developers: does anyone know about this bug?

> Next time i open gnu cash it asks do i wish to start from scratch or
> load mqif files (that i had allreaddy done)
>
> I uninstalled the program completely and re-installed, loaded my qif
> files and opened the program, it was as though i had not loaded anything.
>
> Can you advise as to what is going wrong.
>
> I am computer literate and can advise the qif file does load, but it is
> though i have not loaded anything at all when it finishes importing i
> get the
>
> .gnu welcome to new priogram box showing
>
> Help please.
>
> reply to autotune at btconnect.com ( my works e mail)
>
> Harold stephenson

Cheers,