AUDIT: r17489 - gnucash/trunk/src/import-export/qif-import - Bug #141003: QIF Import: Allow the British Pound symbol and the dollar symbol to be used interchangeably.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 3 14:19:16 EDT 2008

"Charles Day" <cedayiv at gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 5:26 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
>
>     Charles Day <cedayiv at cvs.gnucash.org> writes:
>
>     > Modified:
>     >    gnucash/trunk/src/import-export/qif-import/qif-file.scm
>     >    gnucash/trunk/src/import-export/qif-import/qif-objects.scm
>     >    gnucash/trunk/src/import-export/qif-import/qif-parse.scm
>     > Log:
>     > Bug #141003: QIF Import: Allow the British Pound symbol and the dollar
>     symbol to be used interchangeably.
>
>     Why limit it just to the British Pound symbol?  Wouldn't it be
>     better to allow it to be any currency, or maybe the 'locale
>     currency'?  Or do we really need to explicitly add a list of
>     currency symbols?
>
> The issue only appears to have come up for the British Pound symbol, so I left
> it at that. If someone finds a need to support a third symbol, or support
> multi-byte currency symbols, or support textual designations such as "USD",
> then that's obviously going to require more changes, perhaps even allowing any
> series of non-numeric bytes before and after the actual value. But I don't
> know if that leaves the door too wide open, since "TESTING 123" would be
> considered valid.
>
> Since doing it this way was such a small change, I decided to just get it
> done.

Fair enough.  I don't recall if there were other symbols that
people had asked for.