AqBanking Import/Export (was: import/export bounty)

Martin Preuss aquamaniac at gmx.de
Tue Sep 23 17:27:11 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Dienstag, 23. September 2008, Derek Atkins wrote:
[...]
> We did the GSoC in 2007.  We got 4 students, and only two of them
> actually did anything.  The CSV importer is actually in trunk, but
> it has lots of problems.
[...]

Hmm, just a thought: GnuCash already uses the import framework of AqBanking
(in addition to GnuCash's own importers), maybe the CSV importer of AqBanking
could be usefull to you as well?

The AqBanking CSV importer has a growing number of predefined profiles for
different known sources. It can also skip a fixed number of lines at the
beginning etc. Maybe that could be usefull for GnuCash as well?

What I would suggest however is that the Gnucash code presents the user a list
of the known profiles for the selected importer (currently used by GnuCash:
SWIFT, DTAUS). Gnucash already reads the list of known profiles via a
function of AqBanking but it doesn't allow for the user to choose a profile.

That would also help users who currently can't import SWIFT MT940 documents in
the flavour used by AMRO bank: There already is a working profile for this
specific format but GnuCash has the profile "SWIFT-MT940" hardwired
internally...

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

Martin Preuss - http://www2.aquamaniac.de/
AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/