request for help preparing balance line chart report for inclusion in trunk

Tim Abell tim at timwise.co.uk
Sun Apr 12 06:55:21 EDT 2009

Hi Randy,

Thanks for your response.

I learnt just enough scheme to throw this report together ;-) Though it
has been tough going at times.

You don't have to use git, but probably the easiest way of experimenting
and sharing changes would be to clone my git repo on github, grab a free
github account and push your changes to that. It's quite easy and I'll
be happy to lend a hand.

To just grab the code, I've uploaded a tarball for you:
http://cloud.github.com/downloads/timabell/gnucash-account-balance-chart/2009-04-12-gnucash-balance-chart-b46817a2.tar.gz
(on my balance chart downloads  page
<http://github.com/timabell/gnucash-account-balance-chart/downloads>)

I think this report will run against the latest stable release. You can
simply copy the scm file to the right place and modify
"standard-reports.scm" to include a reference to it (then restart
gnucash), I can't remember if I relied on anything newer in trunk. You
may even be able to simply use gnucash's custom reports system, though I
haven't tried that. Take a look in my install script to see what I've done.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks again.

Tim