QIF Record and field layouts

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 12:11:22 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 8:31 AM, Tax Assistance Program - ( taptax ) <
taptax at nd.edu> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Still trying to get started.  I am moving my data from QuickBooks (much
> different than Quicken) to Gnucash.  I can easily export from QB to a tab or
> csv delimited file.  But moving that data into the QIF format will by my
> challenge.
>
> So I am studying what is involved and find that the information re QIF
> format I found using google is pretty general.  I have some sense of what it
> will look like but nothing specific.

For general QIF information, have a look at the information at wikipedia.
GnuCash also has a writeup on the QIF format here:
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/src/import-export/qif-import/file-format.txt

Where there are differences, I'd tend think the GnuCash document is more
accurate. ;)