Suggestions of improvements

Joachim Langenbach joachim at falaba.de
Mon Apr 27 06:58:04 EDT 2009

Hello to everyone!

I have some features which I found very useful:

1) make it possible to say that an entry at an account belongs to an invoice.
With this feature it is possible to import all account changes per online
banking interface and than "connect" the entrys to the invoices and the
invoices can then be marked as paid automatically. So online banking is
useable with invoice-stuff, which is not possible today (at my state of
knowledge).

2) generally allow to enter the number or something which is meaningful for
the current field manually. For example this fields are meant:
	Create Invoice  	- supplier number
        			- order number
        report - invoice - options - invoice number
	report - customer report - options - customer number

3) at the invoice edit screen a button to process payments is useful too. Also
we found it better, if the default date entry of each item is the invoice
opening date.

4) a small button movement on the invoice search dialog:
	The new invoice button makes more sense at the place where the payment
process (and the other one) is placed. so it's more consistently at our
oppinion.

5) a great feature will be the possibility to detach the tabs from the
mainwindow like it is possible in firefox or konqueror with their tabs.

The other thing is, we want to write a new invoice (or improve the ones which
are there), so that they have more information (which is needed to create a
legal invoice in germany and some other useful information like bank
connection of the business, logo, ...). But actually we don't find the
documentation of the Gnucash-Report-API. So maybe someone can lead us to that
location.

So I hope that my/our suggestions of improvements are found useful and good!

Joachim Langenbach