Resolved bugs

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Apr 29 16:44:48 EDT 2009

Am Mittwoch, 29. April 2009 15:29 schrieb Derek Atkins:
> Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at rogers.com> writes:
> > There are 114 bugs which are marked as RESOLVED, FIXED with no target
> > milestone.  I looked at a few of them, and they have a comment stating
> > that a fix was committed to trunk.  They also had no comment stating that
> > the fix had been back-ported.  I'll be preparing the 2.3.0 release notes,
> > so my question is: should I just include all 114 bugs (and change the
> > target milestone to 2.3.x)?
>
> If you wish..  I don't think you need to list all the bugs specifically
> in the 2.3.x release notes.  I think saying "hundreds of bugs" is good
> enough as this is a relatively major release and the bug info should be
> in the changelog anyways.

I also think it isn't really necessary to list the bug numbers specifically. I
think those numbers are interesting only to a vanishingly small minority of
people who read the announcements, at least for the large step to the 2.3.0.
The bug numbers get more interesting if the releases follow quickly enough so
that the list is short.

> > Actually, another question: I should create 2.3.0, 2.3.1, ...  How do I
> > do this in bugzilla?
>
> Yes, you will eventually want to add these, both for reporting versions
> and target versions.  It's done from the admin pages in Bz.

In the right hand column, click "Edit this product",
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/editproducts.cgi?action=edit&product=GnuCash and
because you've been added to the "Developers" field, you should be able to
click on the "Edit Component" or "Edit target milestones" or whatever links
there, which are pretty self-explanatory.

Christian