Portable version of GnuCash

winPenPack winpenpack at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 06:11:34 EDT 2009

Dear authors of GnuCash,

my name is Danilo Leggieri, I am the founder of italian winPenPack Project.

winPenPack (http://www.winpenpack.com/main/?[en]) is a free and open source
project aimed to spread the use of portable software, supported by a growing
community counting about 33000 registered users up to now. If you want to
have a look in our site, please check this link:
http://www.winpenpack.com/main/?[en] (for english version click on the union
jack at the top/right corner).

We have developed a highly configurable platform that allows to create
portable versions of non natively portable programs, like yours, without any
kind of modifications or reverse engineering made on program files and in
compliance with original installation status. Our policy is to apply our
technology only to open source programs, due to the freedom given by that
kind of license.

We have already packaged many portable versions of open source softwares,
all available on our site under the section "X-Software" (
http://www.winpenpack.com/main/download.php#x-software), and we hope you
will be pleased to know that GnuCash is between them (
http://www.winpenpack.com/main/download.php?view.738).

I am writing to you because we want be sure that the GnuCash portable
package does not represent for you any kind of violation of GnuCash license
(we have noticed that your program is released under GPL) and, in this case,
we wonder also if you are interested in finding a way to collaborate. The
simplest form we can think of is to offer to the visitors of your site a
link to download GnuCash portable (called X-GnuCash). You can find some
examples of this going to the download pages of Translate.Net (
http://translateclient.googlepages.com/download.en.html), ConTEXT (
http://www.contexteditor.org/downloads.html), or FET (
http://lalescu.ro/liviu/fet/), where original authors have decided to
distribute related portable versions of their softwares based on winPenPack
Platform.

Obviously, any other suggestion will be welcome.

Many thanks in advance for your feedback.
Waiting for your answer as soon as you can.

Sincerely,
Danilo Leggieri

--
winPenPack - The Portable Software Collection
e-mail: winpenpack at gmail.com
web: www.winpenpack.com