Db structure (Phil Longstaff)

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Mon Aug 10 21:21:45 EDT 2009

On August 10, 2009 08:09:17 pm J. Alex Aycinena wrote:
> Phil,

The slots allow extra information to be added to an object by other modules.
I'm not going to remove the slots functionality.

For the accounts, I simply propose to move the storage for the hidden and
placeholder flags from slots to the normal table.  I did mention the tax-
related flag, but can leave that one in slots if you want.  Note that there is
a xaccAccountGetTaxRelated() function which retrieves the flag from the slot.
As long as your code uses xaccAccountGetTaxRelated() and
xaccAccountSetTaxRelated(), your code would not change if the flag was moved
from the slot to "normal" storage.

Account items stored in slots (Get/Set routines exist for all of these):
- notes string
- tax-related flag
- tax-US/code string
- tax-US/payer-name-source string
- placeholder flag - will be moved out of slot
- hidden flag - will be moved out of slot
- reconcile-info/last-date
- reconcile-info/last-interval/months and /days
- reconcile-info/postpone/date
- reconcile-info/postpone/balance
- reconcile-info/auto-interest-transfer flag
- last-num string
- reconcile-info/include-children flag

Phil