PLEASE help with GNUcash!!

John-Eric Booth je at johnericbooth.com
Tue Aug 11 01:14:39 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am using gnucash version 2.3.3.

I just spent several hours tonight manually entering my full year of bank
statement information into GNUcash.  I had hoped to simply download
a Quickbooks file from my bank website for the full year, but it seems this
is not possible.

I have no unusual needs here! I just want to simply generate an Income/Expense
report from all the deposits/expenses I have entered and create description for.

I try to do this by having the account open and selecting "Income & Expense Chart"
from the Reports menu.  I only get the message...

"No accounts selected"

"This report requires accounts to be selected."

HELP!  It shouldn't be this complicated!  I am viewing the account when I select to
generate a chart, and I get this message!

I am making efforts to simply create some reports to prepare my income/expenses
for a tax preparer so that he can easily organize the information.

Your help is much appreciated!

John