PLEASE help with GNUcash!!

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Tue Aug 11 10:44:15 EDT 2009

Hi John,

First of all, version 2.3.3 is an *unstable* version which has been released to allow people to test some new features.  It should *not* be used for your production data.  Instead, you should save your data in an XML file (File -> Save As, change the file type in the drop down box to XML, then enter a file name and save), remove 2.3.3, install 2.2.9 and load your file.  Eventually, 2.3.X will lead to the stable 2.4 release.

The reports menu combines both tabular reports and graphical charts.  The "Income & Expense Chart" is a chart, and you need to select specific accounts, and it will graph their values over time.  I think you want the "Income Statement" (same submenu under Reports).

Phil