PLEASE help with GNUcash!!

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Tue Aug 11 11:28:41 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 01:14:39AM -0400, John-Eric Booth wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using gnucash version 2.3.3.

use a release version, as Phil suggested.

> I try to do this by having the account open and selecting "Income & Expense Chart"
> from the Reports menu.  I only get the message...
>
> "No accounts selected"
>
> "This report requires accounts to be selected."
>
> HELP!  It shouldn't be this complicated!  I am viewing the account when I select to
> generate a chart, and I get this message!

"viewing" the account is unrelated to "selecting" the account in the
chart. Open the chart and then click the "Options" button on the tool
bar. That will pop up the options dialog for the chart and *there* you
can "select" which accounts to display in the chart.