GnuCash OSX

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Aug 21 13:16:20 EDT 2009

On Aug 21, 2009, at 8:32 AM, Charles Day wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 7:44 PM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us>
> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 20, 2009, at 4:40 PM, Charles Day wrote:
>>
>>> Sweet! Since it is built for quartz, does it include aqbanking,
>>> and if so,
>>> which version of Qt was used?
>>>

>> It does include aqbanking, but I haven't yet been able to get
>> aqbanking to
>> compile with Qt, so the wizard isn't available. I think it might
>> work OK
>> with an existing account setup, though.
>>

> Yes, I believe it should still work fine without a front end if the
> setup is
> already there. Sucks if you aren't already set up though. (I haven't
> been
> able to get Qt3 or Qt4 for Mac going either.)

It occurs to me that since aqbanking has a Gtk+ frontend it should be
possible to just write a regular Gnucash druid to set up an aqbanking
account. That would be a great benefit for the whole project, not just
OSX, because it would get rid of a particularly onerous dependency.

Or is my massive ignorance showing?

Regards,
John Ralls