2.3.4 xml files cannot be opened by 2.2.x anymore (?) (Re: Db structure)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Aug 21 16:45:14 EDT 2009

Am Freitag, 21. August 2009 18:03 schrieb Phil Longstaff:
> I think I was moving too quickly and didn't stop to really read what you
> wrote.  I went on what I thought you said.  I'll  go back and re-read what
> you wrote.

Ok, it's fine now. I've already committed the revert (r18268); I think the
discussion also didn't state clearly enough that we shouldn't add new XML
tags because of the picky xml reader implementation. Nevermind, that's what
unstable releases are for.

However, this means our released version 2.3.4 produces XML files which cannot
be read by any version before that, including any 2.2.x, or 2.3.0 up to
2.3.2. This state shouldn't last very long. I'd propose to release yet
another version (2.3.5 in this case) relatively soon, say in 1-2 weeks but
for sure not later than that. (I'll comment on the string freeze issue in the
other thread.)

Regards,

Christian