2.3.4 xml files cannot be opened by 2.2.x anymore (?) (Re: Db structure)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 21 12:12:38 EDT 2009

Phil,

IMHO 2.3/2.4 should not write anything new into the pure XML areas.
However, you can teach it to /read/ any new tags you want.  Then in
2.5/2.6/3.0 we can have it write those new tags.

In terms of reading unknown tags, I think it's fine to teach 2.3/2.4 to
read unknown tags but where do you put them.  I dont think there's
necessarily a 1:1 mapping of KVP<->tag.  I don't think you can safely
say all new tags would be in the same KVP frame, can you?  Some might
come from different KVP sub-trees.

-derek