New gnucash Mac OSX binaries fail to start

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 27 10:20:02 EDT 2009

Bryce Poole <compengr3 at gmail.com> writes:

[snip]
>>> What would you recommend?  Incidentally, I remember reading that you
>>> were considering providing nightly builds.  Is that available yet?

[snip]
>> Derek is too busy to set up nightly builds, but you wouldn't want to go that
>> way anyway. Nightly build code is horribly unstable, and you'd be nuts to
>> use it for production.

I'm hoping I can find some time in September, but we'll see.
I *did* get XCode installed on the machine, so that's progress.
Next step is to get jhbuild and a few other dependencies installed.

John: How hard would it be to set up jhbuild to build from released
tarballs instead of pulling from svn/git/bzm/etc?  For stable/tag
release builds I think it would be much better to be able to pull from a
stable dependency.  We can always supply a patch on top of the tarball
if necessary, like we do on Win32.