OpenSP error "realpath undeclared" (2.3.8 tagged yesterday, but no win32 build)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sun Dec 6 04:53:41 EST 2009

Am Samstag, 5. Dezember 2009 schrieb Derek Atkins:
> > I think the problem is related to documentation...
> >
> > `htmlhelp.chm' ->
> > `/c/soft/gnucash-2.3.8/gnucash/inst/share/gnucash/help/de_DE/gnucash-help
> >.chm' `htmlhelp.hhmap' ->
> > `/c/soft/gnucash-2.3.8/gnucash/inst/share/gnucash/help/de_DE/gnucash-help
> >.hhmap' Processing help (it_IT) ...
> > error : No such file or directory
> > http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.4/docbookx.dtd:136: warning:
> > failed to load external entity
> > "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.4/dbpoolx.mod"
> > %dbpool;
> >         ^
> > Entity: line 1:
> >  %dbpool;
> >          ^
> > http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.4/dbhierx.mod:115: parser
> > warning : PEReference: %list.class; not found
> > 		%local.divcomponent.mix;">
>
> [snip]
>
> > unable to parse gnucash-help.xml
>
> Interesting..  So was the it_IT docs added since 2.3.7?  Also, why
> doesn't this affect the daily build?  It should.

I have no idea why the help/it_IT directory runs into this or just any sort of
error. The docbook-related header of help/it_IT/gnucash-help.xml is completely
identical to help/C/gnucash-help.xml, which in turn builds just fine. Also, I
can't reproduce any build errors here (Ubuntu 9.10 distro), where "make;make
install" works just fine.

However, in the windows build this is being processed by several steps in the
make_chm() function in install.sh. The failing step seems to be
 xsltproc ../../../docbook-xsl/htmlhelp/htmlhelp.xsl gnucash-help.xml
in the help/it_IT directory. Again - the it_IT file seems to be identical to
the C file, so I can't see any errors there.

As a workaround, we could disable the it_IT help in the win32 binary,
install.sh line 1378, until someone figures out what is going on?

Christian