Version field in Bugzilla

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Wed Dec 9 14:22:30 EST 2009

I normally set the 'target milestone' to the version which will contain the fix.

Recently, all bugs prior to 2.0 were either closed or moved.  For actual bugs, I like to see the original version.  If a bug is reported in version X and stable version Y has a fix, the bug will be reported against X and someone who scans the list and knows that version Y contains a fix can recognize that fact.  For enhancements, however, is it useful to know what version the request was reported against?  Personally, I don't think so.  If someone wants a new feature in version X, and stable version Y still doesn't have that feature, I don't think the added info that it was requested against version X is of any use.  I would prefer to see enhancements changed (regardless of how they are reported) to be against SVN.  I've started using the bugzilla 'browse' (https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=GnuCash).  If I want to fix some old bugs, this tells me where to start (2.0.5).

Phil