Convert glade files to glade-3 (was: Patches: Documentation, account.glade, gnc-ui-util)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 10 16:23:12 EST 2009

Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be> writes:

> On Wednesday 9 December 2009, Christian Stimming wrote:
>> @developers: Should we convert all glade files to glade-3 sometime soon?
>> Otherwise we will run into this issue every time someone wants to edit the
>> glade files with the currently recommended and available tools...
>>
> I'm in favor of this. I have hit this issue several times already when I make
> changes to the glade files (which I seem to do regularly lately).
>
> Glade 3.6.2 still allows to generate Gtk+2.10 compatible xml which was
> recently proposed as the minimum required Gtk+ version (aka the version that
> ships with RHEL5).

I would propose that we wait until after 2.4 before making this change.
Once we branch 2.4 then we can upgrade to glade-3.  I'm just worried
about destabilizing 2.3.x when we're really trying to stabilize it for
2.4.  While moving to glade-3 isn't extremely high-risk, I think it's
higher than we should like for where we are in the dev/release cycle.