meta-bug for 2.3/2.4

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Feb 22 07:19:53 EST 2009

Quoting Charles Day <cedayiv at gmail.com>:> On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 8:01
PM, Derek
Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
[snip]
>> No, we dont have one..  Generally we don't do a catch-all until after
>> we branch.    It's not there to keep track of fixed bugs, it's there to
>> keep
>> track of bugs yet-to-be backported.
>>
>> You can already find bugs fixed for 2.3.x by a simple bugzilla query.
>>

> So what's the proper thing to do for bugs like 426111, which was reported in
> version 2.0.5 but has just recently been fixed in trunk and is unlikely to
> be backported for 2.2? How do we remember to mark that bug "fixed" once we
> branch for 2.3 or 2.4?

If you don't expect the bug to get backported to 2.2 then just
mark it as fixed with a target of 2.3.x. Then in the comments
say "fixed in trunk in rXXXXX."

There's no need to "remember" to mark it fixed because you should
mark it fixed /now/

The only bugs that need to be remembered to be marked later
are bugs that are destined to be backported to the existing
stable release.