gnucash compilation and installation from svn: why "a gnome druid"

Raphaël Maville rafmav at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jan 2 13:27:07 EST 2009

I said that not all the druid windows did not functions, but only some:
the prouf: I use gnucash since two or three month; and a regret: it was
still like that at the beginning: but I could use it, so...

I use Linux 2.6.24-22-generic I686 GNU/Linux and Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04
/usr/lib/libglade/2.0/libgnome.so is on it, and I installed with
synaptic all the libgnome ligglade libraries I could find: it is the
same!

Yesterday I removed the gnucash 2.2.7 I downloaded and compiled, and
reinstalled the 2.2.4 "for" ubuntu, and it is the same.

Here are the druid and secondary windows not running (via the menu):
1. File > New > New account hierarchy : the druid appears with the three
bottom buttons: cancel, back, forward; only the cancel button runs, and
does its job: close the druid.
2. File > Import > Qif Import : idem!
3. Actions > Scheduled transactions > Mortage and Loan druid : idem!

The others druid and sub-windows seem to run well.

I did not report this to bugzilla: should I?

Thanks.

PS: Well, I thought I had answered to this e-mail, but by night my ADSL
connection is not great (dynamic disconnect-reconnect from the adsl
operator, sometimes every 5 minutes), and I sent and then delete an
answer yet! And all was on it... and lost!