gnucash compilation and installation from svn: why "a gnome druid"

Andreas Köhler andi5.py at gmx.net
Thu Jan 1 08:47:45 EST 2009

Hi Raphaël,

I am not sure whether you sent me a mail already, but there is none in
the mailing list archives, so we still need the answer :-)

Instead of libgnome I meant libgnomeui-0, which is the name of the
Ubuntu package.  Try running both of the following commands and check
whether the package contains /usr/lib/libglade/2.0/libgnome.so.

dpkg -L libgnomeui-0 | grep libglade
ls -l /usr/lib/libglade/2.0/libgnome.so

Once again, what is printed to the terminal when you run "gnucash" from
there?  What happens when you run it in English, e.g. via "LANG=
gnucash" from the terminal?

Anything about GnuCash in ~/.xsession-errors?

Ciao,
-- andi5