configure error around --enable-debug

Kevin HaleBoyes kcboyes at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 17:50:03 EST 2009

Just getting back to this from my Christmas holiday ...

--- On Sat, 12/20/08, Andreas Köhler <andi5.py at gmx.net> wrote:

> My first question is what branch you checked out, trunk or
> branches/2.2?

trunk

> What did autogen.sh print out?  And, may you please attach
> the resulting configure script along with the configure output.

I'll attach the output from the autogen.sh step and the configure
step (as well as the entire configure script).  All of this is being
done on a fresh svn checkout on a Fedora 7 (virtual) machine.

The warnings in the autogen step are expected and have been noted
before in the -devel list archives.

Have a look at line 248 of configure.out for the error that I'm
referring to.  Here is the snippet from the generated configure
script:

# Check whether --enable-debug was given.
if test "${enable_debug+set}" = set; then
  enableval=$enable_debug;
       # remove any optimization flags...
       CFLAGS=`echo ${CFLAGS} | sed -e 's,-O.,,g'`
       # ...except for those the user wants.
       CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -g ${USER_OPTIMIZATION}"
       LDFLAGS="${LDFLAGS} -g"

cat >>confdefs.h <<\_ACEOF
#define DEBUG_MEMORY 1
_ACEOF
,

cat >>confdefs.h <<\_ACEOF
#define DEBUG_MEMORY 0
_ACEOF

fi

As I noted in my original email, r17720 was the last change in
that area of the configure.in file.

Thanks,
Kevin.

http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com.