Enhancement request: 'Native' importing of '.CSV' files

Dave dave at davestechshop.net
Tue Jan 20 13:44:43 EST 2009

Hi John,
A developer from this list and I are working on something similar to what
you have requested. Work has started. A working prototype is close at hand.

I plan to make the completed tool available free (open source).  It will run
outside gnucash and it targets Linux. It will allow complex CSV files to be
easily and quickly imported into gnucash.

My personal need is to import complex CSV files from Yodlee into gnucash. I
use Yodlee to aggregate all my tranasactions because it is far superior to
the online banking features of gnucash or any other personal finance app
that I would consider using.

However, if your needs are less complex than mine, you might want to take a
look at one of these two tools:

See link: http://www.mt2ofx.tk/ (freeware)

Calc2Qif (http://xl2qif.chez-alice.fr/calc2qif_en.php).

At some point I expect the tool we are working on will offer all the
important features of both the above tools.

Regards,
Dave