Enhancement request: 'Native' importing of '.CSV' files

John Smith lbalbalba at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 13:24:33 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 4:02 PM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> Read the Wiki page on Win32?
> In short, install the basic MinGW development system, check out
> the 'packaging/win32' directory, and then run 'install.sh'

Nah, ive tried fooling around with MSYS before, and never got it quite
working. A Linux development setup using gcc, however is something im
quite familiar with. So I think im going to stick with my initial plan
of using a VMWare 'partition' (or whatever the **** these things are
called in VMware). Ive already installed a basic setup of Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 4, X, and Gnome, and am in the process of adding the
development setup like automake/autoconf/gcc/subversion/etc as we
speak. It's just a more familiar environment for me than MingW32/MSYS,
that's all. Thanks for pointing out the wiki page for the win32 setup,
though.

Regards,

John Smith