Enhancement request: 'Native' importing of '.CSV' files

Dave dave at davestechshop.net
Fri Jan 23 12:18:59 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 7:50 AM, John Smith <lbalbalba at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Martin Preuss <aquamaniac at gmx.de> wrote:
> >
> > As I said, GnuCash currently doesn't use AqBanking's CSV importer.
> >
> Sorry, my mistake for misunderstanding.
>

> > What is missing in GnuCash is a more generic approach to use the
> AqBanking
> > importers so that GC can use all current and all future importers...
> >
> That sounds like a rather large programming effort to me, and more
> than a bit unreasonable of me to ask someone to code just for me.
>

> So for now I think Ill stick to using Microsoft Excel/OpenOffice Calc
> for managing my finances. (I have simple needs)

Well, there are simple solutions that are currently available:

1. *csv2ofx*  http://github.com/mulicheng/csv2ofx/tree/master
2. http://www.mt2ofx.tk/
3. http://xl2qif.chez-alice.fr/calc2qif_en.php

All three will allow you to leverage both your spreadsheet features and
gnucash -- the best of both. It should be dead trivial to begin doing this.
I'm just embarking on doing it now.