Postgres on Windows

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Sat Jul 4 17:43:37 EDT 2009

Phil Longstaff wrote:
> I think I've finally updated the right stuff to include the postgres libdbi
> driver in the nightly windows builds.  In order to build this correctly,
> you'll need to remove your pgsql directory and the downloads/pgsql-
> win32.tar.gz file.

I was just able to build successfully with Postgres (using r18172), on
Vista Home "Premium" (ugh).

My problems from before appear to have been related to using the latest
MSYS, 1.0.11-rc-1.  Once I gave up, then later decided to try again from
scratch, I installed 1.0.10 instead.  At that point, a build with
AQBANKING_WITH_QT=no and AQBANKING3=no completed with no issues that are
not already noted on the web page (e.g. had to create /c/soft/tools by
hand, etc.).

I do get a Windows error on startup because of libmysql.dll missing,
which is fine (because it is).  I assume that's related to some
auto-inspection of my environment.  Also had to put the Postgres bin
folder in my PATH as well or I got the same for libpq.dll.  Other than
that, appears to work.

Busily testing... I've got 5341 transactions of QIF data to import and
sort out so that should let me kick a few of the tires. :)

Anything in particular I might be able to help test out?  I expect to be
using this for production purposes (with careful backups and monitoring)
in the near future.

(Thanks Phil!)

--
Peter Hansen, P.Eng.