CSS in reports

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Sat Jul 11 11:54:51 EDT 2009

On July 11, 2009 10:27:54 am Chris Dennis wrote:
> Phil Longstaff wrote:
> > I just committed a new report stylesheet.  It will appear in the list as
> > "Default CSS".  This stylesheet will allow you to specify the css for
> > font and style for different parts of a report.
>
> That works, and will be a good way to improve the appearance of existing
> reports.
>
> In fact, as any CSS styling can be entered for each class, e.g.
>
>    background: gray; color: blue; font-family: arial, serif;
>     text-align: right;
>
> etc., perhaps the options page shouldn't be called 'Fonts'.
>
> Maybe the tool-tips and/or help could indicate that, with some sort of
> reference to basic CSS syntax.
>
> Incidentally, the name of the font is Arial, not Ariel.

You're right that any styling can be used.  What I will probably do is have 2
options pages, one for styling and one for fonts, and then combine the
results.  For fonts, there is a font option type which uses the font selector.
For styles, it would involve colors, backgrounds, alignment, etc.  I wanted to
get something out so that people could start to see the possibilities.

Phil