Want to create a Bengali(bn) Translation Team

নাসির খান nasir8891 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 05:06:21 EDT 2009

Hello

For a few day we were trying to translate the GNU Cash in Bengali language.
We are very glad to inform you that most of the parts have been translated.
But we are a very few people who are doing this translation. Now we want to
spread this through  the Translation Project that everybody can join with
us.

I have seen that there is no team who are working on Bengali translation[1].
In the team index page [2] there is a team named bn_IN who are working form
India on Bengali Language . But this should not be the official team.
Because for Ubuntu translation i have seen that the only single team in
Launchpad is ubuntu-l10n-bn [3] and the members of the team are both from
Bangladesh and India.

I contacted with the Translation Team Coordinators they told me that the now
GNUCash  is not  a part of the TP.

I want to promote GNU Cash in Bangladesh and for this I want to create a
team for GNUCash Bengali translation. I think the team code should be "bn"
and a mailing list is needed . How can i get a mailing list? In launchpad i
was told that to join the "GnuCash i18n" team[4], then what will be the
procedure to join there? If i want to create a team in Launchpad too for
translation what should be the team name?

I am not sure is it the right place to request but in the translation wiki
page[5] it was told that to mail hare . If it is not then please send me the
write address.

[1] - https://translations.launchpad.net/gnucash/2.2/+lang/bn
[2] - http://translationproject.org/team/index.html
[3] - https://translations.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-bn