Customer Import Plugin

Sebastian Held sebastian.held at gmx.de
Thu Jul 23 16:32:03 EDT 2009

Dear developers,

A new version of the customer import patch (with screenshots) is available at
http://tellico.dyndns.org/drupal/node/1
or direct:
http://tellico.dyndns.org/drupal/sites/default/files/gnucash-plugin__customer_import_20090723.patch

Limitations:
 - currently only glib > 2.14 and gtk > 2.14 are supported
 - currently no scheme interface for automation

Remarks:
It's realized as a plugin -- self contained and therefore it may be possible to accept the version requirements?
Because it's realized as a plugin, a load statement must appear in ~/.gnucash/config.user :
(gnc:module-load "gnucash/plugins/customer_import" 0)

Off topic:
It would be great, if the plugin system could be expanded, to autoload plugins from, say, ~/.gnucash/plugins/
A gui inside gnucash to enable/disable a plugin (to start a browser to go to our new plugin repository?)
A function to load/unload a plugin during runtime: would ease developing plugins.
We need a plugin SDK to be able to build plugins outside the gnucash tree (do we?).

Sebastian