eguile reports again

Chris Dennis cgdennis at btinternet.com
Mon Jul 27 14:57:25 EDT 2009

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting Chris Dennis <cgdennis at btinternet.com>:
>
>>> Might it make sense to add some of these pre-processing procedures that
>>> you expect to be shared into a shared file, like the report utilities?
>>> Reusable, shared code is a good thing..  Especially if it makes writing
>>> new reports easier.
>>>
>>> -derek
>>>

>> Yes, that's part of the plan, once a useful set of utilities emerges.
>> Should they go into a separate file, such as 'eguile-utilities.scm'?
>> In fact, there could be more than one set:
>> 'eguile-html-utilities.scm', 'eguile-accrec-utilities.scm' etc.  Where
>> should such files go? -- in /src/report/report-system?
>
> Yes, that's the appropriate place.

I've finally found time to create 'eguile-utilities.scm', containing
useful routines for eguile reports.

Should it be accessed via (use-modules ...) or via (load-from-path ...)?

Should routines exported from this module have names beginning with
"gnc:" ?

Is there a naming convention that's documented anywhere?

cheers

Chris
Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis at btinternet.com
Fordingbridge, Hampshire, UK