Win32 build for 2.3.1

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 8 11:48:52 EDT 2009

Quoting Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at rogers.com>:

> Derek,
>
> how hard would it be to set up win32 builds so that the 'tags' tree
> is monitored, and if a new tag is added, that tag is built, and
> win32_setup_gc_'tag'.exe (or whatever it is called) would be put
> somewhere.  That would be an automatic mechanism to build the newly
> announced versions.
>
> Yes, I know.  Patches are welcome :)

Umm..  I honestly don't know.  You can see the daily_build.sh script in SVN
right now, but it assumes a single tree, and it assumes it's already checked
out.  I don't know how hard it would be to set up something to watch for a new
tag and build if it sees one.  Such a script would need to:

1. poll the tags URL in the repo
2. see if there's a new tag (not sure how to detect this)
3. if it sees a new tag, do an svn checkout
4. run the daily_build on the new checkout

I'd be happy to sdet up the nightly job to do this but we'd have to solve step
#2 first.  I think steps 3 and 4 are relatively straightforward.
However there
still might be some configuration to do.

There should have been a 2.3.1 build off whatever was HEAD at 2am EDT, which
looks like it should be "correct".