GnuCash OSX

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 21:12:37 EDT 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 5:22 PM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> On Jun 13, 2009, at 11:10 AM, Charles Day wrote:
>

>> One other outstanding issue is that, to my knowledge, AqBanking isn't
>> available when compiling for quartz since the AqBanking GUI requires qt3,
>> which requires X11. I don't know how hard it would be to build AqBanking
>> using quartz versions of Qt instead (qt3-mac or qt4-mac on MacPorts).
>>

>> -Charles
>>

> Well, Gnucash builds just fine with aqbanking support turned on, and
> aqbanking builds with the following options: --enable-ofx=yes --disable-qt3
> --disable-kde --disable-chipcard-client --with-backends="aqhbci aqdtaus
> aqofxconnect" --with-frontends="cbanking g2banking".
> Gnucash's Actions menu has the online actions menu, but the Tools menu
> lacks the HBCI setup item.

Right, sorry I should have been clearer. You can build with aqbanking for
quartz but you get no frontend for it. So you can only use it if you have
previously configured it somehow. If I recall correctly, the cbanking and
g2banking frontends no longer exist in AqBanking.

> Aqbanking builds commandline tools aqbanking-tool and aqhbci-tool, which I
> expect allow you to configure your banks, though I will admit that I haven't
> tried yet.

No, me either. If that works, it could be a workaround. But obviously it
would much nicer to use the GUI.

> I suppose that it's worth trying to get it working with QT, but I don't
> really have time right now to do it. FWIW, QT3 doesn't seem to happily build
> against Leopard, and generally speaking QT4 and QT3 aren't compatible.

Me either... and as I recall, I couldn't build qt3-mac or qt4-mac with
MacPorts, so I don't even have a chance of trying to patch and compile
AqBanking against one of them.  :(

> Regards,
> John Ralls

-Charles