GnuCash Documentation in PDF format

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 06:17:37 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 20:20, Clark<webclark at rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> Tom,
>
> It got through, apparently successfully.  However when I save the
> attachment, Firefox says that it is a 9.2MB attachement, but stops saving it
> about 2/3 of the way through on the "save" progress indicator, and the
> resulting file is only 6.8MB.  When I try to open it with Acrobat 9,
> "Document Viewer", or Gimp, they all say that the file is damaged.  This
> does not seem like a mail problem to me.  I would think it would go through
> or not, not silently truncate.

Ray, I apologize for that.  I just sent the good version to you in
three pieces (using 'split').  The last one I sent was damaged.  For
some reason, I'm getting non-deterministic behavior from the same
build command and I can't figure it out.  I don't have time now but
will continue to look into it.

> With regard to the pictures being too big, can they be scaled?  If the
> problem is non-familiarity with how to scale an image, I could do that, and

Everything is available from gnucash-docs trunk.  I think fooling with
the raw files might be non-productive since they look fine with the
other products.  If you want to help, I'm sure Derek and crew would
prefer you look into the docbook xml structure to see if there are
pdf-only attributes or tags you can use to get the desired results.

> What about the user manual?  Is that a possibility?

That is generating errors and will not build for me.

Regards,

-Tom